Open Book/Open Mind Series: Healing A Sick Healthcare System
Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal in Conversation with Dr. Richard Besser
Book Launch for An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take It Back
The Montclair Public Library & its Foundation Present
An Open Door to Top Writers & Thinkers
Date: Sunday 4/30/2017
Time: 4:00 pm –5:30 pm
Location: Main Library Auditorium
Editor-in-Chief of Kaiser Health News and Award-winning former New York Times reporter Dr. Elisabeth Rosenthal launches her new book An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take It Back. She reveals the dangerous, expensive, and dysfunctional American healthcare system, and tells us exactly what we can do to solve its myriad problems. She will be in conversation about current American healthcare realities with Dr. Richard Besser, President and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and formerly ABC News’ Chief Health and Medical editor, and the acting director of the American Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC.) Dr. Besser is also the author of Tell Me The Truth Doctor: Easy To Understand Answers to your most Confusing and Critical Health Questions.
Following the discussion, the authors will sign their books which will be available for purchase from Watchung Booksellers.
Reserve a seat by registering HERE or call 973-744-0500 ext 2235. Some seats will be available at the event on a first come, first served basis.
Series sponsored by Susan and Thomas Dunn. This conversation is funded in part by a sponsorship by Partners for Health Foundation.
Become a Montclair Library Friend!
The Montclair Library Friends is an organization created to raise awareness of and expand the services and programs of the Montclair Public Library — Main Library, Bellevue Avenue Library, and the virtual library — advocate for MPL, and manage volunteer programs.
With your support and voice, The Montclair Library Friends will:
- Enhance community awareness of our Library and services.
- Help to expand library outreach and services throughout Montclair.
- Provide volunteer services through our Library Ambassadors program.
- Advocate for the library.
- Sustain the Montclair Public Library as the vital center of the community.
Join the Montclair Library Friends for an annual $10 fee and receive membership benefits:
- Subscription to the Friends newsletter.
- Attendance and voting privileges at Montclair Library Friends meetings.
- Opportunities to join committees and participate in the volunteer program.
- An even better library!
There are 2 ways to join:
- To register now and pay online with a credit card, please press this link. Credit Card Registration
- To register and pay by check or cash, please print and complete the paper form and submit it by mail or in person. Paper Form Registration
In addition, registration forms are available at the Main and Bellevue Avenue Library