Open Book/Open Mind Series:
Jacqueline Woodson in Conversation with Tayari Jones
The Montclair Public Library & Its Foundation Present
An Open Door to Top Writers & Thinkers
Ms. Woodson is the author of more than two dozen books for children and young adults but now will discuss her adult novel, Another Brooklyn, with acclaimed author Tayari Jones. Ms. Jones’ novels include Leaving Atlanta, The Untelling, and Silver Sparrow, which the NEA added it to its Big Read Library of classics in 2016.
This event is free but we strongly recommend to register for a seat HERE or call 973-744-0500 ext 2235.
A special access offer for Super Fans: Buy Another Brooklyn and/or Silver Sparrow novels at Watchung Booksellers before June 16th and get a reserved seat up front at the event and be at the head of the book signing line. Just ask for the seating pass when you check
out at the register or write in the comments box at the end of your on-line purchase transaction.
Become a Montclair Library Friend!
The Montclair Library Friends is an organization created to raise awareness of and expand the services and programs of the Montclair Public Library — Main Library, Bellevue Avenue Library, and the virtual library — advocate for MPL, and manage volunteer programs.
With your support and voice, The Montclair Library Friends will:
- Enhance community awareness of our Library and services.
- Help to expand library outreach and services throughout Montclair.
- Provide volunteer services through our Library Ambassadors program.
- Advocate for the library.
- Sustain the Montclair Public Library as the vital center of the community.
Join the Montclair Library Friends for an annual $10 fee and receive membership benefits:
- Subscription to the Friends newsletter.
- Attendance and voting privileges at Montclair Library Friends meetings.
- Opportunities to join committees and participate in the volunteer program.
- An even better library!
There are 2 ways to join:
- To register now and pay online with a credit card, please press this link. Credit Card Registration
- To register and pay by check or cash, please print and complete the paper form and submit it by mail or in person. Paper Form Registration
In addition, registration forms are available at the Main and Bellevue Avenue Library