Open Book/Open Mind Series: Trump’s First 100 Days
Date: Sun, 01/08/2017
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Location: Main Library Auditorium
The Montclair Public Library & Its Foundation Present
An Open Door to Top Writers & Thinkers
Trump’s First 100 Days
Don’t Be Shocked; Be Educated
Jonathan Alter & Stephen Engelberg in Conversation with Thomas Johnson
The changes to our government and its policies are sure to be fast and furious in the first 100 days of Donald Trump’s presidency. Jonathan Alter, NBC / MSNBC News Correspondent and bestselling biographer of Obama and FDR; Stephen Engelberg editor-in-chief of ProPublica; and Thomas Johnson, Executive Editor of Bloomberg Politics, tell citizens what they need to know to get prepared. Among the topics of discussion will be the fate of Obamacare; potential schisms between Trump and other Republican leaders; climate change; race relations; wealth inequity; the reckoning of the media; and how ordinary citizens can engage long before the next election.
Limited number of seats by reservation. Remaining seats first come, first served. Register below or call 973-744-0500 ext 2235.
Books Available from Watchung Booksellers.
Become a Montclair Library Friend!
The Montclair Library Friends is an organization created to raise awareness of and expand the services and programs of the Montclair Public Library — Main Library, Bellevue Avenue Library, and the virtual library — advocate for MPL, and manage volunteer programs.
With your support and voice, The Montclair Library Friends will:
- Enhance community awareness of our Library and services.
- Help to expand library outreach and services throughout Montclair.
- Provide volunteer services through our Library Ambassadors program.
- Advocate for the library.
- Sustain the Montclair Public Library as the vital center of the community.
Join the Montclair Library Friends for an annual $10 fee and receive membership benefits:
- Subscription to the Friends newsletter.
- Attendance and voting privileges at Montclair Library Friends meetings.
- Opportunities to join committees and participate in the volunteer program.
- An even better library!
There are 2 ways to join:
- To register now and pay online with a credit card, please press this link. Credit Card Registration
- To register and pay by check or cash, please print and complete the paper form and submit it by mail or in person. Paper Form Registration
In addition, registration forms are available at the Main and Bellevue Avenue Library