Who We Are
The Montclair Public Library Foundation provides support, advocacy, and education for a strong public library in Montclair, NJ.
Our Vision Is:
- To enhance and expand the library’s role as a center of learning, cultural enrichment, and community interaction. The Foundation provides an additional source of funds to supplement, not replace, public funding.
- To champion free and equitable access to information, resources, and opportunities for all people.
- To ensure the future of our library as a robust center of literacy, economic opportunity, life-long learning, discovery, and community life.
The Foundation Supports:
- Collection Development
- Cultural and Literacy Programs
- Technological Advancements
- Summer Reading Programs for Children
- Special Projects
About the Foundation
The Montclair Public Library Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that develops philanthropic support for the Montclair Public Library. Established in 2002, the MPL Foundation raises funds for library programs, collection enhancement, staff development, special projects, and other critical needs that exceed municipal funding. To date, the Foundation has raised more than $4.5 million to support Library programs and services.